This recipe is from Kimberly Snyder at ‘Kimberly Snyder‘ blog.
1 1/2 cups water
1 head organic romaine lettuce, chopped
3-4 stalks organic celery
1/2 head of a large bunch or 3/4 of a small bunch of spinach
1 organic apple, cored and chopped
1 organic pear, cored and chopped
1 organic banana
Juice of 1/2 fresh organic lemon
1/3 bunch organic cilantro (stems OK)
1/3 bunch organic parsley (stems OK)
Made up of about 70 percent green vegetables and 30 percent fruit, this smoothie helps you eat far more greens than you ordinarily could. Because we blend the greens and fruit for easy digestion, your body is able to absorb more of the vitamins and minerals without working so hard. Thanks to all its nutrients and fiber, the smoothie is incredibly filling, so it keeps you from reaching for that mid-morning second cup of coffee and that bagel you really didn’t want to eat.
- Add water and chopped head of romaine to blender. Blend at a low speed until smooth.
- Add celery, apple, and pear and blend at high speed.
- Add cilantro and parsley (which help chelate heavy metals out of your body).
- Finish with banana and lemon.
Place everything in a blender and blend away. Enjoy!
- I also add a handful of mint, basil, cilantro or parsley to give it an extra fresh taste.
- To sweeten, you can add extra fruits or dates. I did this for a while, while I get used to the taste. (I’m a sugar junkie :))
Visit http://kimberlysnyder.net/blog/ggs/ for a cool info-graphics.
Want to get our weekly blog posts in your inbox?
no spam, just wellness